Monday, September 30, 2013

A PEN IT IS



This is my third attempt of writing the blog for this month. I just don’t seem to get around writing something that is intriguing and I believe then came my “eureka” moment. I was scribbling with my pen and then I made a mistake and tried to scratch it as much as I can so it was no longer visible. The harder I tried to scratch it out the more indenting it got and started ripping through the paper. I suppose you may know where I might be going with this analogy.
Back tracking my story to when I was a wee little kid extremely excited to learn how to inscribe words beautifully with an ink pen I didn’t think that there were going to be ramification of me being able to use this beautiful thing. I was just learning how to use the instrument so the importance of holding it never occurred to me. When I had a pencil my life seemed dull, black and white while the ones who held a pen, colourful and vibrant. But now that I am all grown up I understand that as kids why we are not allowed to use pen (it could be that kids put everything in their mouth and might get intoxicated by the ink). It’s because a pencil always comes with an eraser.  Eraser means that no matter what mistake you make in life you are able to track back and restart. This privilege no longer prevails when you use a pen. Yes it’s beautiful, and Yes it looks vibrant, but once you make a mistake with a pen it’s there forever.  You may scratch it, you may try the so called ink erasers ( and let me tell you those erasers are crap !), but still the mark will always remain. Children, as they say in psychology are table a rasa (a clean slate). They are still learning our world’s way, they need that privilege to erase their mistake and learn new things while when we start growing up such opportunities no longer exist. We are held liable to what we do and we are expected to learn from our mistakes, and more importantly NEVER to repeat the same ones.
This is exactly where the negative trait of a pen comes in handy. If one uses a pencil to write and makes a mistake you are able to erase it this can easily forget the mistake that was initially made and very easily repeat it. But with a pen you can merely scratch it out or make is foggy, but you are always able to look back and remind yourself that you are never to repeat the same mistake twice.  This serves a purpose in our lives, it lets us save time, and it helps us always stay grounded and reminds us how far we came since we started.  Trying to scratch your mistakes won’t help, anyone who has used a pen must know that scratching rips the paper.  Similarly trying extremely hard to undo your mistake harms you, drags you in your past, thus not letting you move forward and achieve things.
So use your pen wisely, think before you inscribe, and if you make a mistake just cross it out and move forward but no matter what happens keep inscribing. One should only stop when they cease to exist.  It might seem like a big deal when it’s made, but in the grand scheme of your life it will just seem like a little mark that defines your long and beautifully vibrant journey.

“Life is like those cool multicoloured pens, in one click you are sad, then angry, and then beautifully green.” – Jaini


3 comments:

  1. beautifully written. Enjoyed reading your blog. Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Guys!!..appreciative comments are always encouraging. :):)

    ReplyDelete