Monday, June 10, 2013

"When the mind is constantly trying to survive, the heart has no time to feel"

As I start my day off by travelling to the core, downtown of my city everyday all I do is mindlessly walk on the same routes to reach my workplace. Every day its the same routine at the same time. Looking at life at this moment  it  can be truly said that my life is controlled completely by the fate of time. But on one odd day even though I was walking on the same route at the same time, I looked up. I managed to glance at the path, my surrounding and the people. It was close to impossible to believe the amount of people I saw that were walking faced down, just rushing to get to their end spot where they will be for the rest of the day. I realized that we fail to notice the familiarity that surrounds us. I remember my parents telling me that they have met the best of people while their travel to work. My dad met his pen pal for years to come through his daily visits to work in the same route, same time. Its because back in his day there was no one and nothing stopping them from looking up and noticing the faces around them .Nowadays the sole ruling power is technology. Either people are texting, talking or watching stuff on their tablets. And the few off us are sleeping because we were too busy the night before using the same device. It seems like we fear to face people but ironically we are fantasizing and building tactics to fight the zombie apocalypse. In fact the apocalypse is already here and we clearly are failing to beat it.  More than anything its the time when we decide to look up and notice what's happening in our surroundings. The day we notice what's happening around us is the day we will decide to take actions to fix what's broken, to mend what is bend. At this moment us looking down is hindering our sight, our vision and we are all following each other's foot steps in crossing the road, not knowing if the leader is taking us to the right place or walking into a collision.

So for this very messy post of mine, I would like to propose that all of us even if not all the time, occasionally look up to see what needs to be seen. The day we interact with real human emotions, feel the compassion is the day we will thrive as humans. There is so much more to life than just mindlessly texting and playing games.

Don't just love life ...live the life that you will love


To a very confusing sets of thought,

Skeptical self

Hope you understood something i wrote above..hahaha :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment